MU in the Diocese of Shyira is part of the worldwide Mothers’ Union, an international, Christian organisation that seeks to support families worldwide.
In 83 countries, Mothers’ Union members share the vision to bring about a world where God’s love is shown through loving, respectful and flourishing relationships. We actively pursue this goal through prayer, programs, policy work and community relationships.
The PURPOSE of Mothers’ Union is to be especially concerned with all that strengthens and preserves marriage and Christian family life.
The AIM is the advancement of the Christian religion in the sphere of marriage and family life.
Its FIVE OBJECTS are:
- to uphold Christ’s teaching on the nature of marriage and to promote its wider understanding;
- to encourage parents to bring up their children in the faith and life of the Church;
- to maintain a world-wide fellowship of Christians united in prayer, worship and service;
- to promote conditions in society favorable to stable family life and the protection of children; and
- to help those whose family life has met with adversity.